One of our favorite restaurants in Rochester, MN is the Redwood Room. Years ago they used to serve a creamy chicken pasta dish that was to die for. For some odd reason they stopped serving this dish, but Liza found this recipe and it tastes just like the dish we craved. So, take our word for it and try it, you’ll be glad you did.
4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
1/3 C. water
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 can cream of chicken soup
Shredded Parmesan cheese
Rice or pasta noodles of choice (I like fettucine noodles myself!)
- Place the chicken breasts in a slow cooker.
- Combine salad dressing mix and water; pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 3 hour.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together cream cheese and soup until blended. Pour mixture over chicken.
- Cook 1-3 hours longer (or until chicken is done). Cut chicken up into bite-sized pieces while in crock pot – last hour.
Server over hot rice or pasta noodles.
Add a bit of shredded parmesan cheese on top before serving