1 loaf Rustic Italian bread, or the equivalent (heavy bread)
1 egg (2 eggs if making the whole loaf)
2 tsp. vanilla
1 C. milk, or more
- I whisk my eggs in a 9×9″ cake pan. Then add the cinnamon-sugar (like you use for toast) mixture – I’m guessing 1 tablespoon or more.
- Add vanilla, then milk.
- Heat frypan or griddle until hot.
- Pour a small amount of oil on pan or use Pam.
- Dip 1 side of bread in batter, flip over; don’t let it soak. Place on hot griddle.
- Flip over when brown on bottom side and cook other side.
NOTE — If you are running out of batter and have more to make, just add a little milk as you go.