16 slices white bread
4 C. ham, diced
16 oz. Swiss cheese, shredded
16 oz. Cheddar cheese, shredded
3 C. milk
1/2 tsp. onion salt
1/2 tsp. dry mustard
3 C. cornflakes, crushed
1/2 C. butter, melted
- Trim crust from bread and cube.
- Grease a 9×13″ baking dish and layer the following:
- Bread to cover bottom of pan;
- 2 cups ham
- 8 ounces Swiss cheese and 8 ounces Cheddar cheese
- Repeat layers
- Combine milk, eggs and seasonings.
- Pour over layers.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator 1/2 hour before baking.
- Combine cornflakes and melted butter. Sprinkle over top of casserole before baking.
- Bake at 375º for 40 minutes.