4 – 1/2″ to 3/4″ thick pork chops
1 clove garlic, minced
1 T. oil
2 tsp. oil
4 T. dry sherry or chicken broth
4 T. soy sauce
2 T. brown sugar
1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper
2 tsp. cornstarch
2 T. water
- Trim fat from pork chops.
- Heat oil in skillet and brown pork chops on both sides.
- Remove from pan.
- Saute garlic for 1 minute; be careful not to burn the garlic.
- Combine oil, sherry or broth, soy sauce, brown sugar and red pepper.
- Place chops in skillet and pour sauce over them. Cover tightly and simmer over low heat until chops are tender and cooked through, 30 to 35 minutes. Add a little water if needed to keep sauce from cooking down. Turn once during cooking time.
- Remove chops.
- Stir in cornstarch dissolved in water. Cook until thickened.
- Pour over chops and serve.