This recipe comes from my sister in-law Becky Lenz. She made this dish for dinner one night over Christmas. It was a great dish, full of flavor. The picture doesn’t do it justice, so don’t judge the recipe by the photo, just make and you’ll agree!
1 box jumbo shells
1 lb. ground beef
1/2 lb. Italian sausage
1 small onion – chopped
1 medium pkg. shredded mozzarella cheese
1 small pkg. shredded Italian 5 blend cheese
2 lg. can Hunts 4 cheese spaghetti sauce
2-3 tsp. Grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
4-5 tsp. oregano
3-4 shakes of parsley flakes
- Cook noodles according to package. Drain with cold water and let cool.
- Brown meat and onion
- Add salt, pepper and oregano
- Cook until the meat is browned and the onion is clear
- Drain grease off meat mixture
- Add 2 cups sauce and 1 cup of each type of cheese to meat mixture and mix together until cheese is partially melted
- Cover bottom of 9 x 13 baking dish with sauce
- Stuff shells with mixture and place in baking dish
- Cover with remaining shredded cheese
- Cover with remaining spaghetti sauce
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and parsley flakes
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- Remove foil and bake for additional 5-10 minutes
NOTE — Make sure that noodles remain covered with sauce while baking
2 replies on “Stuffed Shells”
I agree…the picture doesn’t do this dish justice! It’s so good…and even the kids liked it! 🙂
YUM!! It took a little time to prepare, but so worth the effort.