Got the original recipe from All Recipes, the portions below are half the original recipe. It’s a hearty, fairly thick consistency chili. Our family loves this recipe topped with cheese, along with large Frito Scoops Corn Chips as mini spoons.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/4 onion, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. garlic salt
- 1 (15 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 can Rotel
- 1 (8 oz) jar Pace picante sauce, mild or med
- 2 tablespoons chili seasoning mix (try Williams original, 1/2 pkg.)
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans
In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine the ground beef and the onion and saute for 10 minutes, or until meat is browned and onion is tender. Drain grease, if desired.
Add the ground black pepper, garlic salt, tomato sauce, salsa, chili seasoning mix and kidney beans. Mix well, reduce heat to low and simmer for at least an hour.