I was craving donuts one evening, so I started “Googling” different donut recipes. I’m not a big fan of spending hours in the kitchen, especially in the summer. So, I modified my search to “Easy Donuts” and toppled upon this recipe. I ran to the store the next morning and picked up a few tubes of buttermilk biscuits – as the recipe calls for – and in no time we had delicious donuts. It’s as easy as the title says. My wife said they used to make these all the time as kids and they used the cap from the vanilla bottle to cut out the centers.
Tube(s) of buttermilk biscuits
- powdered sugar
- cinnamon and sugar
- chopped nuts
- whatever you want
- Pour oil into a large pan, enough to cover the bottom about a half an inch
- Heat oil on medium
- Cut a hole in the middle of each biscuit (I used a cap from a vanilla bottle)
- Once you have all the biscuits ready and the oil is hot, drop the biscuits into the oil
- They should fry quickly on the first side and then you can flip them over with tongs
- Once the second side is brown remove from oil and drain on paper towels
- The biscuits will puff up to look like donuts. Do the same for the holes that you cut out
- Once the donuts are drained add your favorite toppings
One tube makes 10 donuts and 10 small donut holes.