My sister in-law’s grandmother (Sweet Betty) makes these incredible M&M cookies. Whenever there is a celebration at their house, these always seem to be on the kitchen counter. They’re not hard and crunchy like so many M&M cookies — these are really light and soft. It’s like eating a muffin top with M&M’s They’re simply irresistible, and why wouldn’t they be, she been making them for over 30 years.
1 C. shortening
1 C. brown sugar
1/2 C. white sugar
2 tsp. vanilla
2 3/4 C. flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
Plain M & M’s
- Cream shortening, sugars ,eggs, and vanilla.
- Mix in dry ingredients and combine with creamed mixture.
- Drop by teaspoonful on un-greased cookies sheet.
- Flatten to no more than 2 inch diameter.
- Decorate with 4 to 6 M&Ms per cookie.
- Candies will crack after baking.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 8 to l0 minutes.
Makes 2 to 4 dozen cookies depending on size of your teaspoonful.