We got this recipe from our neighbor’s parents. Our kids call them Grandma Lynn and Grandpa Tom. They dropped a plate of these babies off one day and we devoured them. The combination of flavors make these delicious!
2 1/3 C. all-purpose flour
2/3 C. packed light brown sugar
3/4 C. (1 1/2 sticks) butter or margarine
1 egg, slightly beaten
2 C. (12 oz. pkg.) semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
1 C. coarsely chopped nuts
1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated milk)
1 3/4 C. (10 oz. pkg.) SKOR English Toffee Bits, divided
- Heat oven to 350º
- Grease 13x9x2″ baking pan
- In large bowl, stir together flour and brown sugar
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs
- Add egg; mix well
- Stir in 1 1/2 C. chocolate chip and nuts
- Reserve 1 1/2 C. mixture
- Press remaining crumb mixture onto bottom of prepared pan
- Bake 10 minutes
- Pour sweetened condensed milk evenly over hot crust; top with 1 1/2 C. toffee bits
- Sprinkle reserved crumb mixture and remaining 1/2 C. chips over top
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 C. toffee bits
Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars.
Makes about 48 bars.