This looks strange – pink quiche – but it’s really good, especially topped with sour cream and salsa. Perhaps use one additional egg and a little less salsa for a more quichey look.
3/4 lb. bulk pork sausage
1 – 9″ unbaked pastry shell
2 C. Cheddar cheese, shredded, divided
1 C. salsa
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook the sausage until no longer pink; drain.
- Transfer to the pastry shell.
- Sprinkle with half of cheese.
- In a bowl, lightly beat the eggs; stir in salsa. Pour over cheese.
- Bake at 375º for 30 to 35 minutes, or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake 5 minutes longer, or until cheese is melted.
Serve with sour cream and additional salsa.