1 – 3 1/2 to 4 lb, beef roast or chuck pot roast
1 – 10 3/4 oz. can cream of mushroom soup
1 pouch dry onion soup mix
1 1/4 C. water
6 medium potatoes, quartered
6 carrots, cut into 2″ pieces
2 T. all-purpose flour
- In a 6-quart Dutch oven, in 2 tablespoons hot oil, brown roast on all sides.
- Spoon off fat.
- Stir in mushroom soup, onion soup mix and 1 cup water.
- Reduce heat to low. Cover; cook 2 hours, stirring often.
- Add vegetables.
- Cover; cook 45 minutes or until roast and vegetables are fork-tender.
- Remove roast and vegetables.
- Stir together flour and remaining 1/4 cup water until smooth.
- Gradually stir into soup mixture.
- Cook until mixture boils and thickens, stirring constantly.
Makes 8 servings.