Betty, a co-worker of mine, brought this coffee cake into work one day when her church told her they had enough desserts for a funeral that day. Boy did they make a mistake, it was still warm when she brought it in. Don’t tell anybody at work, but I think I ate a whole row of this stuff. It was delicious!
1 C. sugar
1 C. cooking oil (Betty uses Smart Balance)
2 C. flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. vanilla or almond flavoring (Betty uses almond)
1 can pie filling (21 oz.)
- Beat eggs, add sugar, oil and flour which have been sifted together with baking powder and salt.
- Spread 1/2 of batter into 9 x 13″ pan.
- Spread 1 can of pie filling (or other pie filling).
- Drop remaining batter over pie filling. (Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon if desired, Betty does not)
- Bake at 350º for 30 minutes.
- Drizzle powdered sugar frosting on top (Betty flavors with almond)